Welcome to another year of Woodmore Soccer. We look forward to working with your boys/girls. Hopefully they will have fun, become more fit and become better soccer players by the end of the year. Here are some ground rules to make things easier for everyone involved:
1. Shin pads must be worn for all practices and games.
2. No jewelry is to be worn for practice or games to prevent injury.
3. Cleats are required from U8 and above. The least expensive ones are more than sufficient or ask a friend for some hand me downs.
4. Please bring enough water for your child for games and practice. Better too much than not enough!
5. Each child should bring a ball to practice. Practices are designed for the boys/girls to get maximum touches and many drills need each child to have a ball. Please, do not bring any balls to the game! It is a great way to lose a ball!!!
6. If a medical condition (such as asthma) is affecting a boys/girls play, please let your coach know.
7. Please be on time for practice. Lateness not only affects the late boy/girl but the children who are on time waiting for enough players to start. If you cannot make practice, please let your coach know.
8. Have the player arrive 20 minutes before the games so they can properly warm up. If your child cannot make the game, please try to let your coach know the night or two before if possible. It saves a huge amount of time when putting together the line-up if the coach knows who will be absent.
9. PLEASE make your cheering during the game positive. Do not yell instructions to your child as they play. Do not get on the refs.
10. Soccer Homework – Have your child dribble a soccer ball around your house 5 times everyday, circle every bush and tree in your yard, and use both feet.; Dribble a soccer ball everywhere you go… with parent permission; Start a “pick up” soccer game with your friends or friends.